- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 600g lean chicken mince
- freshly ground black pepper
- 450g red or yellow peppers, chopped
- 1 tbsp chilli powder
- 2 tsp ground cumin
- 1 can (400g) tomatoes
- 2 cans (400g each) cannellini beans
- coriander sprigs
- In a 7 to 8ℓ pot, heat oil on medium-high. Add onion and cook for 5 minutes or until softened and brown, stirring occasionally.
- Add mince and 1/4tsp each salt and pepper. Cook for 3 minutes or until the meat browns, stirring and breaking up mince with a wooden spoon.
- Add peppers and cook for 4 minutes or until just softened, stirring occasionally. Add chilli powder and cumin, and cook for 1 minute, stirring often.
- Stir in tomatoes and beans. Heat to boiling, then reduce to a simmer. Cook for 20 minutes, stirring occasionally. Spoon into serving bowls and garnish with coriander sprigs.
to our Free Good Housekeeping Newsletter