- 350g cavatappi pasta
- 450g boneless, skinless chicken thighs, cut into 1,5cm chunks
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 300g Brussels sprouts, sliced
- 1⁄4 cup water 1 tbsp margarine or butter
- 1⁄4 tsp crushed chilli flakes
- 1⁄4 cup plain dried breadcrumbs
- 3 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1⁄4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 tbsp parsley, finely chopped
1. Heat a large covered pot of salted water to boiling on high. Cook pasta according to instructions on label.
2. Meanwhile, season chicken with 1⁄4 teaspoon each salt and pepper. In a 30cm frying pan, heat oil on medium-high. Add chicken; cook for 6 minutes or until cooked through, stirring. Transfer to a bowl.
3. To frying pan, add sprouts, water, margarine, chilli flakes and 1⁄8 teaspoon salt; cook for 3 minutes, stirring. Add breadcrumbs and garlic. Cook, stirring, for 2 minutes to toast crumbs.
4. Drain pasta, reserving 1⁄2 cup pasta cooking water, and return to pot. Stir in chicken, sprouts and pasta water. Serve with Parmesan and parsley.
Each Serving About 2 390kJ, 39g protein, 75g carbohydrate, 13g total fat (3g saturated), 6g fibre, 99mg cholesterol.