- 350g linguine
- 4 slices bacon
- 350g boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1,5cm chunks
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 medium shallot, finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 4 large eggs
- 1⁄3 cup freshly grated Pecorino Romano cheese
- 2 tbsp finely chopped fresh parsley (optional)
1. Heat a large covered pot of salted water to boiling on high. Cook linguine according to instructions on label.
2. Meanwhile, in a 30cm frying pan, cook bacon on medium for 6 to 9 minutes or until browned and crisp. Sprinkle chicken with 1⁄4 teaspoon salt.
3. Transfer cooked bacon to paper towel. Add chicken to same frying pan with drippings. Increase heat to medium-high. Cook chicken for 2 minutes or until just starting to turn opaque, stirring occasionally.
4. Add shallot. Cook for 2 minutes, stirring. Add garlic. Cook for 1 minute or until chicken is cooked through, stirring. Remove from heat; cool slightly.
5. In a large bowl, whisk together eggs, Pecorino and 1⁄4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper until well combined. Crumble the bacon; add the bacon and the cooled chicken mixture to eggs.
6. Drain pasta well. Add to large bowl with egg mixture, tossing to coat. Divide among 4 serving plates. Garnish with parsley, if desired.
EACH SERVING About 2 670kJ, 43g protein, 65g carbohydrate, 22g total fat (8g saturated), 3g fibre, 269 mg cholesterol.