- 1 lemon
- 500g skinless, boneless chicken-breast halves, cut into 1cm chunks
- 3 tsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 small onion (100g to 200g), thinly sliced
- 2 large peppers, orange and yellow, sliced
- ½ cup water
- salt and pepper
- 200g sugar snap peas, strings removed, cut in half
- ⅓ cup fresh dill, chopped
- From lemon, grate 1 teaspoon zest; set aside. Into a pie plate, squeeze 1 tablespoon juice. Add chicken; turn to coat.
- In a 30cm frying pan, heat 1 teaspoon oil on medium-high. Add onion, peppers, 2 tablespoons water and ¼ teaspoon each salt and freshly ground black pepper. Cook for 3 minutes or until softened, stirring. Transfer to a large plate.
- In the same pan, heat 1 teaspoon oil on medium-high. Add peas, 2 tablespoons water and ⅛ teaspoon each salt and black pepper. Cook for 2 to 3 minutes or until beginning to brown, stirring occasionally. Add to pepper mixture.
- In the same pan, heat 1 teaspoon oil on medium-high. Add chicken; sprinkle with ¼ teaspoon salt. Cook for 3 minutes or until golden, stirring once. Return vegetables to pan; add remaining ¼ cup water. Cook for 1 minute or until saucy, stirring. Stir in dill, ¼ teaspoon salt and reserved zest.
Each Serving About 960kJ, 27g protein, 14g carbohydrate, 7g total fat (1g saturated), 3g fibre, 73mg cholesterol.
to our Free Good Housekeeping Newsletter