- 4 chicken breasts
- 2 feta rounds
- 200g to 250g sundried tomatoes
- salt and pepper
- olive oil
- 4 hamburger rolls
- fresh basil or rocket leaves
Chicken burgers are so underrated. These are sure to please.
Braai temperature: Hot to very hot coals
- Cut chicken breasts into 1cm pieces. On a separate board, chop feta and sundried tomatoes.
- Mix it all together in a bowl with salt and pepper and a little olive oil – just enough to make the mixture stick together.
- Divide the mixture into four and make patties.
- Place a sheet of tinfoil in a hinged grid, and wet the foil in four patches with olive oil. Place the patties on these four spots and braai. The risk of burning is minimal because of the foil, so heat isn’t your enemy and you can braai on hot or very hot coals.
- Place another sheet of oiled foil on top of the patties, close the grid and turn. Continue braaiing the patties between the sheets of foil until the chicken is done.
- Remove the foil and serve on buttered rolls with fresh basil or rocket leaves, or both.
to our Free Good Housekeeping Newsletter