- 150g cornflakes
- salt and pepper
- flour, to dust
- 1 large egg, beaten
- 350g pack mini chicken fillets (or cut 3 skinless chicken breasts into finger-sized pieces)
- vegetable oil, to fry
- 50g mayonnaise
- 50g sour cream
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- ½ tbsp maple syrup
1. Whizz the cornflakes and plenty of seasoning in a food processor (or crush with a rolling pin) and transfer to a large bowl. Put some flour and the egg into separate shallow bowls.
2. Dip the chicken pieces first in the flour (tap off excess), followed by the egg and cornflakes to cover (Shake off excess.)
3. Heat a shallow layer of oil in a large, deep frying pan until the oil is simmering. Fry the chicken, turning once, for 8 minutes or until cooked through. (Do this in batches if needed, to avoid overcrowding the pan.) Lift onto paper towel to drain. Continue until all the chicken is cooked through.
4. Meanwhile, stir together the mayonnaise, sour cream, mustard, maple syrup and some seasoning. Serve dipping sauce with the crispy chicken, a green salad or some seasonal vegetables, if you like.
EACH SERVING 1 990kJ, 26g protein, 27g fat (3g saturated), 32g carbohydrate (4g sugars), 1g fibre.