- 1 onion, diced
- 50g chorizo, chopped
- 500g chicken breasts, cut into pieces
- 1 tbsp Cajun seasoning
- 1 green pepper, roughly chopped
- ½ to 1 green chilli, deseeded and finely chopped
- 350g long-grain rice
- 800ml chicken stock
- 400g can tomatoes chopped parsley, to garnish
1. Fry onion and chorizo until cooked through (about 8 minutes). Add chicken and cook for 8 minutes. Stir in Cajun seasoning, green pepper and chilli, and cook until softened. Add a little water if the pan looks dry.
2. Stir in rice, stock and tomatoes. Bring to the boil, cover and simmer for 20 to 25 minutes until rice is cooked through. Garnish and serve.
EACH SERVING About 2 330kJ, 46g protein, 5g fat (1g saturated), 80g carbohydrate (7g total sugars), 3g fibre.