- 1 tbsp sunflower oil
- 4 chicken-thigh fillets
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 3/4 to 1 tbsp chilli paste, to taste
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 400g can chopped tomatoes
- 2 x 400g cans kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- 250g basmati rice
- 25g dark chocolate (at least 70% cocoa solids), chopped
1. In a large pot, heat oil over a high heat and brown chicken on both sides. Turn down heat, add onion and cook for 5 minutes.
2. Stir in chilli paste and spices, cook for 1 minute, then add tomatoes and kidney beans. Bring to the boil, then simmer, covered, for 20 minutes.
3. Meanwhile, cook rice according to instructions on packaging.
4. Lift chicken out on to a board. Continue cooking sauce, uncovered, for 5 minutes to reduce. Shred chicken and stir back into sauce with the chocolate. Check seasoning and serve with rice and salad, if you like.
EACH SERVING: About 2 560kJ, 34g protein, 16g fat (4g saturated), 78g carbohydrate (13g total sugars), 12g fibre.