- 2 medium eggs
- 1,6 litres chicken stock
- 1 tbsp light soya sauce
- 2cm piece fresh root ginger, thickly sliced
- 1 garlic clove, bruised
- 3 skinless chicken breasts
- 2 carrots, finely chopped
- 125g fine or medium egg noodles
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 150g oyster mushrooms
- 4 spring onions, finely sliced
- Boil water in a small pan. Simmer eggs for 7 minutes, then drain, put in a bowl and cover with cold water.
- Meanwhile, bring chicken stock, soya sauce, ginger and garlic to the boil in a large pot. Add chicken and simmer for 12 minutes until cooked through. Lift meat onto a board.
- Discard ginger and garlic from soup, and add carrots and noodles. Simmer for 4 minutes and season to taste. Meanwhile, slice chicken, and peel and halve the eggs.
- Divide soup among four bowls (adding a little more boiling water if needed). Top each with a quarter of the chicken, a quarter of the mushrooms and half an egg. Scatter spring onions over and serve.
Each serving About 1 420kJ, 10g fat (3g saturated), 27g carbohydrate (4g total sugars).
to our Free Good Housekeeping Newsletter