- 75g breadcrumbs
- 40g fresh Parmesan cheese, finely grated
- 50g plain flour
- 3 medium eggs, lightly beaten
- 4 skinless chicken breasts
- 100ml olive oil
- 500g jar good-quality tomato pasta sauce
- 50g mozzarella cheese, torn into pieces
- 300g spaghetti
1. Preheat oven to 200°C.
2. In a shallow bowl, stir together breadcrumbs and half the Parmesan. Put flour and eggs into two separate shallow bowls.
3. Put chicken between two sheets of greaseproof paper or cling wrap. Bash with a rolling pin to flatten evenly.
4. Dip a chicken breast in flour (tap off excess), then coat it in egg. Then dip in the cheesy breadcrumbs, shaking off any excess. Repeat until all the chicken breasts are coated.
5. Heat the olive oil in a large deep frying pan over high heat until shimmering. Fry the chicken for 8 minutes (you may need to do this in batches), turning once, until golden and crisp. (They don’t need to be cooked through.) Lift out onto paper towel to drain. Continue until all the chicken is browned.
6. Pour pasta sauce into a large, ovenproof dish. Lay chicken breasts on top, then top the chicken with the mozzarella and remaining Parmesan. Cook in the oven for 15 to 20 minutes until chicken is cooked through.
7. Meanwhile, cook the pasta in boiling salted water according to packet instructions.
8. Serve the chicken with the pasta.
EACH SERVING 3 280kJ, 25g fat (7g saturated), 84g carbohydrate (10g total sugars).