- 2 tsp canola oil
- 1 spring onion, thinly sliced
- 1 lime
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 450g skinless, boneless thinly sliced chicken breasts, cut into 2,5cm-wide strips
- 4 burrito-size low-fat flour tortillas
- 1 cup low-fat cheese
- 1⁄2 avocado, peeled, seeded, and cut into 1,5cm pieces
- 3⁄4 cup salsa
1. In a 30cm nonstick frying pan, heat oil on medium for 1 minute. Add spring onion and cook for about 6 minutes or until tender, stirring occasionally.
2. Meanwhile, from lime, grate 1 teaspoon peel and squeeze 2 tablespoons juice. Evenly season chicken on both sides with lime peel, 1⁄4 teaspoon salt and 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper.
3. Add chicken to onion in frying pan; cook for 10 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink inside. Transfer to bowl and stir in lime juice.
4. Evenly divide chicken mixture and cheese on half of each tortilla; fold over to make 4 quesadillas.
5. In the same frying pan, cook quesadillas on medium, in 2 batches, for 8 minutes per batch or until browned on both sides and heated through. Cut each quesadilla into thirds. Stir avocado into salsa; serve with quesadillas.
EACH SERVING About 1 680kJ, 38g protein, 31g carbohydrate, 14g total fat (5g saturated), 8g fibre, 86mg cholesterol, 970mg sodium.