- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1 tsp ground coriander
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 400g chicken breasts or mini fillets, cut into bite-sized pieces
- 150g roasted red peppers, chopped
- 500ml chicken stock
- 400g can chopped tomatoes
- 400g can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 75g dried ready-to-eat apricots, roughly chopped
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 50g flaked almonds, toasted
- large handful fresh coriander, roughly chopped
1. Heat the oil in a large pot and gently fry onion for 10 minutes or until softened. Add the ground coriander, cinnamon, garlic and chicken, and fry for a couple of minutes before adding peppers, stock, tomatoes, chickpeas, apricots and plenty of seasoning.
2. Bring mixture to the boil, then lower heat and simmer for 15 to 20 minutes or until chicken is cooked through.
3. Mix through most of the almonds and coriander. Garnish with the remaining almonds and coriander. Serve with couscous.
EACH SERVING 1 430kJ, 13g fat (1g saturated), 25g carbohydrate (14g total sugars), 34g protein, 6g fibre.