- 1 tbsp sunflower oil
- 350g chicken-thigh fillets, cut into bite-size pieces
- 1 leek, trimmed and roughly sliced
- 2 tbsp cake flour
- 1 tsp mustard powder
- 400ml chicken stock
- 1 tsp dried thyme
- 300g frozen peas
- 100g shredded ham hock or ham
- 100ml double cream
- 85g stuffing mix
1. Preheat oven to 180°C. In a large pot, heat oil and fry chicken until turning golden (about 5 to 8 minutes). Add leek and fry for a further 3 minutes.
2. Stir in flour and mustard powder; cook for 1 minute. Add stock and thyme. Bring to the boil and simmer for 5 minutes until thickened.
3. Add peas, ham and cream, and cook for 3 minutes. Check seasoning, then transfer to an ovenproof serving dish.
4. Mix the stuffing mix with 100ml water to make a crumbly topping. Scatter over chicken filling. Cook in oven for 20 minutes, until golden and bubbling. Serve.
EACH SERVING: About 2 140kJ, 33g protein, 28g fat (12g saturated), 28g carbohydrate (4g total sugars), 8g fibre.