- 1 tsp ground cumin
- ½ tsp ground allspice
- ¼ tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 1 cup bulgar wheat
- 1¾ cups water
- ⅜ tsp salt
- 450g skinless chicken breasts
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- ½ cup roasted, salted pistachios
- 1 packet frozen blackberries
- 1 cup frozen peas, thawed
- In a small bowl, mix cumin, allspice and black pepper.
- In a large microwave-safe bowl, combine bulgar wheat, 1½ cups water, ½ teaspoon spice mixture and ⅛ teaspoon salt.
- Cover with cling wrap, pierce and microwave on high for 12 minutes or until bulgar wheat is tender.
- Meanwhile, sprinkle 1 teaspoon spice mixture and ⅛ teaspoon salt all over chicken.
- In a 30cm nonstick frying pan, heat oil on medium for 1 minute. Add chicken to pan; cook for 8 to 10 minutes or until juices run clear, turning once.
- While chicken cooks, shell and chop pistachios.
- Transfer chicken to plate.
- Add blackberries, ¼ cup water, remaining spice mixture and ⅛ teaspoon salt to same pan. With potato masher, gently crush blackberries to release some juice. Cook for 3 minutes or until slightly reduced, scraping up browned bits.
- Fold peas and pistachios into the cooked bulgar wheat.
- Serve bulgar wheat with chicken and blackberry sauce.
EACH SERVING About 1 770kJ, 39g protein, 41g carbohydrate, 12g total fat (2g saturated),13g ﬁbre, 91mg cholesterol, 430mg sodium.
to our Free Good Housekeeping Newsletter