- 4 (110g each) skinless, boneless chicken breasts
- ¾ tsp grated, peeled fresh ginger
- salt and pepper
- 1 large orange
- 3 stalks celery, fi nely chopped
- 2 spring onions, sliced
- 1 tbsp red-wine vinegar
- ¼ cup packed fresh coriander, finely chopped
- 1 cup whole-wheat couscous
- Preheat oven to 180°C. Spray a baking tray with nonstick cooking spray. Arrange chicken on tray. Rub chicken with ½ teaspoon ginger; sprinkle with 1/8 teaspoon salt and ¼ teaspoon pepper. Roast for 12 to 15 minutes or until chicken is cooked.
- Meanwhile, with a knife, cut peel and white pith from orange; discard. Cut on either side of membrane to remove each segment from orange; place half the segments in a medium pot. Squeeze juice from membranes into the pot.
- To the same pot, add celery, spring onions, vinegar, remaining ¼ teaspoon ginger and 1/8 teaspoon salt. Heat to boiling on high. Reduce heat to simmer; cook for 7 minutes or until celery is crisp-tender, stirring occasionally. Remove from heat; stir in coriander and reserved orange segments.
- Cook the couscous according to the instructions on the label. Serve the chicken with relish and couscous.
EACH SERVING About 1 339kJ, 30g protein, 45g carbohydrate, 3g total fat (1g saturated), 8g fi bre, 63mg cholesterol, 245mg sodium.
to our Free Good Housekeeping Newsletter