- 350g dried linguine
- 1 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil, plus extra to drizzle
- 1 garlic clove, finely chopped
- ½ to 1 red chilli, deseeded and chopped
- 400g baby squid, cleaned and sliced into rings
- 1 tbsp capers, rinsed
- finely grated zest and juice of 1 lemon
- small handful of fresh mint, chopped
- large handful of rocket
- Bring a large pot of salted water to the boil and cook pasta according to the instructions. Drain the cooked pasta, reserving a cupful of the cooking water.
- Next, heat the oil in a large frying pan over a high heat, then fry the garlic and chilli for 10 seconds before adding the squid and capers. Fry for 1 minute to colour and cook the squid, then add the cooked pasta, lemon zest and juice, and the chopped mint and rocket. Toss to combine. Add a little of the reserved pasta water if the mixture is too dry. Season well and serve drizzled with a little extra olive oil, if you like.
to our Free Good Housekeeping Newsletter