- 1 tbsp light brown sugar
- 2 tsp dried chipotle chillies, ground, or chipotle seasoning
- 1 tbsp ground cumin
- 1 tbsp garlic powder
- ½ tsp onion powder
- 1,8 kg small chicken thighs, trimmed of excess skin
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 small oranges, cut into quarters
- 2 spring onions, thinly sliced
- Heat grill on medium. In a small bowl, combine brown sugar, chipotle chillies, cumin, garlic powder, onion powder and 1 tsp each salt and black pepper. In a large bowl or 3ℓ baking dish, toss chicken with oil; sprinkle with spice mixture, then rub spices into chicken to coat evenly.
- Grill chicken, covered, for 20 to 25 minutes or until chicken is cooked, turning over once. Grill oranges for 5 to 10 minutes or until grill marks appear. Transfer chicken to a serving platter. Squeeze juice from oranges all over chicken. Garnish with spring onions.