- 1 tsp extra-virgin olive oil, plus extra to drizzle
- 3 x 300g sirloin steaks, fat trimmed
- salt and pepper
- 2 tsp chipotle paste or puréed smoked
- chillis in adobo
- 2 avocados
- 200g canned whole-kernel corn, drained
- 200g cherry tomatoes, halved
- 2 baby gem lettuces, roughly chopped
- small handful fresh coriander, roughly chopped
- juice of ½ lime (or to taste)
- tomato salsa, to serve
1. Heat the oil in a large frying pan over a high heat. Pat the steaks dry with kitchen paper, season well and fry for 5 to 6 minutes, turning once, for medium. (Or fry for shorter or longer as you prefer.) Lift steaks out of the pan, brush with chipotle paste and set aside on a board to rest.
2. Halve, stone, peel and slice the avocados. On a large platter or in a serving bowl, mix the avocados, corn, tomatoes, lettuce, coriander and plenty of seasoning.
3. Slice the steaks thinly and toss through the salad. Squeeze over the lime juice to taste and drizzle with extra-virgin olive oil. Serve with the salsa and, if you like, crusty bread.
EACH SERVING 2 190kJ, 56g protein, 26g fat (8g saturated), 13g carbohydrate (6g sugars), 5g fibre.