- 275 ml + 5 ml Nestlé Cream
- 200 ml Nestlé Ideal Evaporated Milk
- 3 egg yolks
- 75 g light muscovado sugar
- 200 g 70% dark chocolate, melted
- 30 -45 ml brandy
60 ml caster sugar
- Preheat the oven to 170 °C. Pour the Nestlé Cream and the Nestlé Ideal Evaporated Milk into a pan and bring to a boil. Beat together the egg yolks and sugar and then whisk in half the hot milk and cream. Return the mixture to the pan and cook gently over a very low heat, stirring all the time, until it starts to thicken and coats the back of a spoon. This should take about 5 minutes.
- Stir the custard into the melted chocolate, sieve into a clean bowl and add the brandy. Pour the mixture into ovenproof dishes and put in a roasting tin. Pour a little water into the tin, taking care that is does not spill into the custards. Bake for 20-30 minutes until lightly set.
- Allow to cool then chill for half an hour in the fridge. Remove from the fridge and sprinkle with sugar. Using a blowtorch, heat the sugar until it melts into a firm caramel layer. Stand as room temperature for 30 minutes before serving.
to our Free Good Housekeeping Newsletter