FOR THE CHOCOLATE BROWNIES:
- 1 cup water
- 125g margarine
- ½ cup oil
- ¼ cup cocoa
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 cups fl our
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ tsp bicarbonate of soda
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup pecan nuts, finely chopped
FOR THE GANACHE:
- 75ml Nestlé Dessert Cream
- 90g dark chocolate, finely chopped
- peanut brittle, roughly
1. Preheat oven to 180°C and grease and line the base of a square 20cm baking tin.
2. Melt and blend the water, margarine, oil and cocoa in the microwave.
3. Add the sugar, flour and salt. Whisk together.
4. Add the bicarb, vanilla essence and eggs.
5. Beat with an electric beater for about three minutes.
6. Add the chopped nuts and mix thoroughly.
7. Pour into a greased baking tin. Bake for 20 to 30 minutes.
8. To make the ganache, scald the cream in a small pot.
9. Place the chocolate in a bowl and pour the warm cream over the chocolate and stir thoroughly until the ganache is smooth and shiny. Allow to cool.
10. Once the brownies have cooled completely, cut into 3cm squares and top with the ganache and a sprinkle of chopped peanut brittle.