- 1. 1 cup hazelnuts
- 2. 1/2 tsp salt
- 3. 100g dark chocolate
- 4. 1 cup condensed milk
- 5. 2 tbsp glucose syrup (available from speciality baking-aid suppliers)
- pecan nuts
- unsalted cashew nuts
- 2 tbsp espresso powder
- 2 tbsp whiskey
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 4 slices of sponge cake (1.5cm)
- 2 tbsp Chocolate-hazelnut Spread
- 1/2 large banana
- 1 tbsp butter
- 1/2 cup Vanilla-whisky Spread
- 1 large scoop vanilla ice cream
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1/4 cup Irish cream
- Roast 1 cup hazelnuts on a rimmed baking tray in a 190°C oven for 10 minutes, shaking once or twice. Wrap hot hazelnuts in kitchen towel and roll vigorously to remove most of peel; cool completely.
- In a food processor, process peeled hazelnuts and 1/2 tsp salt until mostly smooth and runny (about 8 minutes), stopping and scraping side of bowl occasionally.
- In a medium bowl, melt 100g dark chocolate, chopped, in microwave in 20-second intervals; stir in 1 cup condensed milk and 2 tbsp glucose syrup (available from speciality baking-aid suppliers). Add chocolate mixture to puréed hazelnuts; pulse until just combined. Makes about 2 cups. Store in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 2 weeks.
to our Free Good Housekeeping Newsletter