- 75g unsalted butter, cubed, plus extra to grease
- 150g plain chocolate, chopped
- 3 medium eggs
- 100g caster sugar
- 50g plain flour
- Preheat oven to 180°C. Grease six 125ml to 150ml ramekins and set aside.
- Put chocolate and cubed butter into a pan. Heat gently until melted and smooth, then set aside to cool for 10 minutes.
- Beat together eggs and sugar in a large bowl with a hand-held electric whisk for about 5 minutes or until thick and fluffy. The beaters should leave a trail if you lift them out of the mixture. With a large metal spoon, fold through the flour, followed by the chocolate mixture. Divide among the ramekins.
- Transfer the ramekins to a baking tray and bake for about 12 minutes or until soufflés are risen but still wobbly in the centre. Serve with cream or ice cream.
Per Serving (without cream or ice cream) About 1 490kJ, 21g fat (12g saturated), 40g carbohydrate (33g total sugars).
Get Ahead Prepare to end of step 3 up to a day ahead. Loosely cover with cling wrap and chill. To serve, bake in a preheated oven for 16 minutes or until sides are set and the middle is still soft.