- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 3 skinless chicken breasts, cut into bite-sized pieces
- 100g piece chorizo, cut into 1cm pieces
- 1 red onion, sliced water, if needed
- 1 tsp paprika
- 2 x 400g cans chopped tomatoes
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 150g couscous
- 400g can cannellini beans, drained and rinsed
- 100g baby spinach
- large handful fresh coriander, roughly chopped
1. Heat the oil in a large pot over a medium heat and fry the chicken and chorizo until the chorizo has released some of its oil and the chicken starts to cook (it doesn’t need to be cooked through) – about 3 to 5 minutes. Empty mixture into a bowl.
2. Return the empty pot to the heat and gently fry the onion for about 10 minutes, until softened. (Add a splash of water if the pot looks dry.) Add the paprika and fry for 1 minute. Return chicken mixture to the pot (along with any juice) and add the tomatoes and lots of seasoning. Bring to the boil, then turn down the heat and simmer for 10 minutes or until the chicken is cooked through.
3. Meanwhile, put the couscous into a large bowl, cover with boiling water and put clingfilm over bowl. Set aside for 10 minutes.
4. Stir the cannellini beans and spinach into the chicken pot until the spinach wilts, and check seasoning. Fluff up the couscous with a fork. Garnish the stew with coriander and serve with the couscous.
EACH SERVING About 1 780kJ, 13g fat (4g saturated), 38g carbohydrate (9g total sugars), 43g protein, 5g fibre.