- 2 tbsp sunflower oil
- 125g chorizo sausage, chopped into small chunks
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 125g kale, shredded (tough stalks removed)
- 300g risotto rice
- 1,1 to 1,2ℓ hot chicken or vegetable stock
- 100g Parmesan cheese, grated, plus optional extra to serve
1. Heat 1 tbsp oil in a large pot over a medium heat and fry chorizo until golden and the oil is red. Empty into a small bowl and set aside. Add remaining oil to pot and gently fry onion for 10 minutes until softened.
2. In a large pot of boiling water, cook kale for 5 minutes until tender. Drain well and set aside.
3. Add rice to onion pot and fry, stirring, for 1 minute. Add a ladleful of stock and stir frequently until liquid has been absorbed. Keep adding stock, a ladleful at a time, and stirring frequently while rice absorbs liquid. Continue cooking in this way until rice is tender but retains a tiny bite – about 15 to 17 minutes.
4. Lift chorizo out of bowl and add to pot (leave red oil behind), with the kale and Parmesan. Mix and check seasoning. Take pot off heat, cover and leave for 2 minutes. Divide among 4 warmed bowls and garnish with chorizo oil. Serve with extra Parmesan, if you like.
EACH SERVING: About 2 470kJ, 30g protein, 22g fat (9g saturated), 67g carbohydrate (4g total sugars), 3g fibre.