- 75g walnut pieces
- 130g bag mixed green salad leaves
- 3 pears, peeled, cored and sliced
- 250g blue cheese, crumbled
- 50g pomegranate seeds
- baguette, to serve (optional)
- 2 tbsp white whine vinegar
- 1 tbsp runny honey
- 1 tsp wholegrain mustard
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- Heat a large dry frying pan, then add walnut pieces. Toast for 3 to 5 minutes, shaking pan often, or until the walnuts smell toasted. Tip into a bowl and set aside to cool.
- In a small serving bowl, whisk the dressing ingredients with some salt and freshly ground black pepper. Set aside.
- On a large board or platter, arrange salad leaves in a round wreath shape. Dot over pear slices and blue cheese. Scatter over pomergranate seeds and toasted, cooled walnuts.
- Place bowl of dressing in the middle of the wreath and serve with sliced baguette.