- 3 tbsp oil
- 1 medium onion
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 800g canned chopped tomatoes
- 480ml fish stock
- 2 tbsp butter
- 450g shelled, deveined prawns
- 900g mussels
- 450g boneless hake or Cape Whiting fillet
- In a 7 to 8 pot, heat 3 tbsp oil on a medium heat. Add 1 medium onion, finely chopped, 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped, and 1/2 tsp salt, and cook for 8 minutes, stirring. Add 800g canned chopped tomatoes, 480ml fish stock and 2 tbsp butter.
- Heat to simmering on high. Add 450g shelled, deveined prawns, 900g mussels, scrubbed, and 450g boneless hake or Cape Whiting fillet, cut into large chunks. Cover and simmer for 10 to 12 minutes or until most mussels have opened.
- Discard any unopened mussels. Sprinkle with chopped parsley and serve in bowls with crusty bread.
EACH SERVING About 1 240kJ, 31g protein, 14g carbohydrate, 13g fat (4g saturated), 3g fibre, 980mg sodium.
to our Free Good Housekeeping Newsletter