- 2 oranges
- 2 red or pink grapefruit
- 2 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 1 tbsp white-wine vinegar
- 2 tsp Dijon mustard
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 3 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 bunch (80g) watercress, trimmed
- 1 head butter lettuce, torn
- 1/4 cup packed fresh basil leaves, torn if large
- Cut peel and white pith off oranges. Cut on either side of membranes to remove each segment from orange; place in a medium bowl. Repeat with grapefruit, placing in same bowl. Segments can be covered and refrigerated for up to 3 days.
- In a small bowl, whisk lemon juice, vinegar, mustard and 1/4 teaspoon each salt and freshly ground black pepper. Whisk in oil until emulsified. Dressing can be covered and refrigerated for up to 3 days; whisk well before using.
- In a large bowl, gently toss watercress, lettuce and basil with dressing until well coated. Top with citrus segments.
Each serving About 520kJ, 2g protein, 16g carbohydrate, 7g total fat (1g saturated), 2g fibre, 0mg cholesterol, 145mg sodium.
to our Free Good Housekeeping Newsletter