- 1 medium celery root (450g), peeled
- 2 large carrots
- 2 large stalks celery
- 2 large potatoes, scrubbed
- 1 large onion
- 1 tbsp canola oil
- 2 sprigs fresh thyme
- salt and pepper
- 240ml fish stock
- 2 cups water
- 2 tbsp cornflour
- 1 cup 2% low-fat milk
- 570g canned and drained or frozen, thawed whole baby clams
- 1 cup fresh or frozen, thawed corn kernels
- ¼ cup fresh flat-leaf parsley, chopped
- Cut celery root, carrots, celery, potatoes and onion into 2cm chunks. In a big pot, heat oil on medium. Stir in chopped vegetables, thyme, ⅛ teaspoon salt and ¼ teaspoon black pepper. Cover; cook for 12 minutes or until onion softens, stirring.
- Add fish stock and water; heat to boiling on high. Cover; reduce heat to simmer for 20 to 25 minutes or until vegetables are tender, stirring occasionally.
- In a cup, stir cornflour into milk until dissolved. Add to soup; heat to simmering, stirring. Cook for 2 minutes or until thickened, stirring. Add clams and corn; cook for 3 minutes or until hot, stirring. Top with parsley.
Each Serving About 2 073kJ, 44g protein, 42g carbohydrate, 14g total fat (4g saturated), 6g fibre, 105mg cholesterol, 458mg sodium.
to our Free Good Housekeeping Newsletter