- 3⁄4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1⁄4 cup balsamic vinegar
- Freshly ground pepper
- Choice of: a spoonful of mustard; honey
- Fresh herbs, chopped
- Garlic or shallots, finely chopped
- Mix 3⁄4 cup extra-virgin olive oil; 1⁄4 cup balsamic vinegar; salt; freshly ground pepper and a choice of: a spoonful of mustard; honey; fresh herbs, chopped; and garlic or shallots, finely chopped.
- Combine oil and vinegar in a jar or container with a lid, add seasoning and shake vigorously.
- Adjust seasoning and serve. Store in the fridge for up to 2 weeks. Makes 1 cup.
to our Free Good Housekeeping Newsletter