- 3 cups self-raising flour
- 3 cups fine desiccated coconut
- 2 cups sugar
- 250g margarine or butter, softened
- 3 large eggs
- 50ml milk
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- glacé cherries
- Preheat oven to 180°C.
- In a large bowl, mix the dry ingredients together.
- Add margarine or butter, eggs, milk and vanilla essence.
- Mix well with an electric mixer until a soft dough is formed.
- Make little balls, place them on a greased baking tray and flatten them with a fork.
- Decorate with glacé cherries before putting in the oven.
- Bake for 8 to 10 minutes or until the biscuits are a light golden brown.
to our Free Good Housekeeping Newsletter