- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- 2 medium shallots, chopped
- 2 tbsp fresh ginger, finely chopped and peeled
- 1 tbsp curry powder
- 1 packet (600g) precut butternut chunks
- 1 can (400ml) coconut milk, shaken
- 1 can (400g) diced tomatoes, drained and seasoned with
- 1/4 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp salt
- 4 (about 350g) cups cauliflower florets
- 6 cups cooked white rice coriander leaves, for garnish
- In a 6 to 8l sauce pot, heat oil on medium. Add shallots, ginger and curry powder; cook for 5 minutes, stirring.
- Add butternut, coconut milk, tomatoes and salt. Cover and simmer for 15 minutes. Stir in cauliflower. Cook for 15 minutes or until butternut and cauliflower are tender, stirring occasionally.
- Serve over rice. Garnish with coriander.
to our Free Good Housekeeping Newsletter