- 300g brown rice
- 1 tsp castor sugar
- 3 tbsp rice vinegar
- 1/2 tbsp sunflower oil
- 325g pre-packaged stir-fry vegetables
- 225g smoked mackerel
- 2 1/2 tbsp soya sauce
- 1 tsp toasted sesame oil
- Juice of 1/2 lime, plus lime wedges to serve
- 2 tbsp sweet-chilli sauce
1. Cook rice according to instructions on packaging. Drain well and return to pot. Stir in sugar, vinegar and a large pinch of salt. Cover with a lid and set aside.
2. Heat oil in a large frying pan over a high heat, add the vegetables and cook for 3 minutes, then push to one side of the pan and lay in the mackerel fillets, skin-side down. Cook for 1 minute, then turn fish over and drizzle the soya sauce, sesame oil and lime juice over the fish and vegetables. Cook for a further minute, then remove from heat.
3. Divide rice among 4 bowls and top with vegetables, mackerel and a drizzle of any sauce left in the fish pan. Spoon over the sweet chilli sauce and serve with lime wedges.
EACH SERVING: About 2 240kJ, 18g protein, 22g fat (4g saturated), 65g carbohydrate (8g total sugars), 4g fibre.