- 500g self-raising flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1⁄2 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1⁄2 tsp salt
- 3 eggs
- 600ml buttermilk
- 250ml corn – canned (drained) or off the cob (about 2 cobs of corn)
1. Preheat oven to 180°C.
2. Sift dry ingredients together in a bowl.
3. Beat the eggs and buttermilk, and add to the dry ingredients. If the batter is too dry, add more buttermilk.
4. Add the corn and mix through.
5. Spoon into a greased bread tin and bake for 45 minutes or until a skewer comes out clean when inserted into the bread.
TIP: For a grainier texture, use 375g self-raising flour and 125g yellow cornmeal instead of 500g self-raising flour.