- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 medium green pepper
- 1 medium red onion
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 2 cups red-skinned potatoes, chopped and cooked
- 2 cups corned beef, chopped and cooked
- 1/4 cup basil leaves
- 1 egg
- a pinch of black pepper
- Preheat oven to 230°C. Lightly brush 4 individual baking dishes or 1 large frying pan with vegetable oil. In a 30cm nonstick frying pan, heat 2 tbsp vegetable oil on medium-high. Add 1 medium green pepper, seeded and chopped; 1 medium red onion, finely chopped; and 1⁄8 tsp salt.
- Cook for 10 minutes or until vegetables are almost tender, stirring occasionally. Add 2 cups chopped cooked red-skinned potatoes and 2 cups chopped cooked corned beef. Cook for 5 minutes, stirring often. Stir in 1⁄4 cup basil leaves, chopped.
- Divide among prepared baking dishes. Top each with 1 egg and a pinch of black pepper. Bake for 13 to 15 minutes or until cooked as desired.
to our Free Good Housekeeping Newsletter