- loaf of brioche
- 400g crabmeat (if you can’t find
- crabmeat, use smoked salmon or smoked mackerel)
- 4 tbsp sour cream
- finely grated zest of 2 limes and 2 tbsp lime juice
- few drops of Tabasco, to taste large handful fresh chives, roughly chopped
- salt and pepper to taste
- lime wedges, to serve
- Preheat oven to 200°C. Slice brioche into 1cm slices. Arrange on a baking sheet and bake in oven for 12 to 15 minutes, turning midway through. Or grill slices on each side until crisp and lightly golden. Cool completely.
- Meanwhile, in a medium bowl, mix together the crabmeat, salmon or mackerel with the sour cream, lime zest, lime juice, Tabasco and chives, and check the seasoning.
- Dollop spoonfuls into 6 x 125ml jars or into ramekins. Serve the pâté with the brioche toasts and lime wedges.
GET AHEAD Make the crab mixture up to a day ahead, cover and chill. Toast brioche up to a day ahead, cool completely, then store in an airtight container at room temperature.
Each Serving About 1 340kJ, 11g fat (5g saturated), 35g carbohydrate (8g total sugars), 19g protein, 1g fibre.