- 550g flour
- pinch of salt
- 350g unsalted butter, cut into pieces
- 250g caster sugar
- 50g pistachios, roughly chopped
- 50g dried cranberries, roughly chopped
- 60g melted dark chocolate, optional
1. Preheat oven to 180°C and lightly grease a baking tin with cooking spray.
2. Place the flour and salt in a mixing bowl.
3. Add the butter and rub with your hands until it resembles breadcrumbs.
4. Add the sugar and work the mixture until a dough has formed.
5. Add the pistachios and cranberries. Knead lightly until they’re mixed in well.
6. Divide dough into two. Keeping batches separate, roll into thick logs or sausage shapes.
7. Cover each log with clingfilm, chill one in the fridge and freeze the other one for another day.
8. Remove log from the fridge (or freezer) and allow to stand until it can be cut into slices.
9. Place cookies on a lined baking tray and bake for about 8 to 12 minutes until slightly golden.
10. Remove from oven and cool slightly before transferring to a wire rack.
11. Drizzle with melted chocolate (if using) and cool completely.
TIP Use a grey, not black, baking tray; a black tray conducts heat and will darken the bottom of the cookies. If you only have a black pan, line it with greased baking paper.