- 300g whole-wheat pasta
- 150g frozen peas
- 1/2 tbsp oil
- 2 medium leeks, thinly sliced
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 300g king prawns, cooked
- zest and juice of 1 lemon
- 100g plain low-fat yoghurt
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Bring a large pot of salted water to the boil and cook the pasta according to the instructions on the packet, adding the peas for the final 2 minutes.
- Meanwhile, heat the oil in a large frying pan and gently cook the leeks for 10 minutes, then add the garlic and prawns, and cook for 2 minutes until the prawns are heated through.
- Stir in the lemon zest and yoghurt.
- When the pasta and peas are cooked to your liking, reserve one cupful of the cooking water, then drain.
- Stir the pasta and peas into the leek mixture. Add enough of the reserved pasta water to make a smooth sauce. Season well, adding lemon juice to taste. Serve immediately.
Each serving About 1 470kJ, 6g fat (1g saturated), 39g carbohydrate (4g total sugars).
to our Free Good Housekeeping Newsletter