For the Pancakes
- 250g cake flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp fine salt
- 1 tsp caster sugar
- 4 free-range eggs
- 500ml milk
- 125ml sunflower oil
- 2 tbsp brandy
For the Filling
- Caramel Treat or any caramel sauce of your choice, for example Dulce de leche
- sliced bananas
- vanilla ice cream
1. In a bowl, combine the flour, baking powder, salt and sugar. Mix.
2. In a separate bowl, beat the eggs until light and fluffy. (You can use an electric hand-held whisk.) Add the milk and beat well.
3. Add the egg/milk mixture to the dry ingredients and mix thoroughly until well combined.
4. Slowly add the sunflower oil and brandy while the mixer is still going and continue to beat until you have the consistency of thick cream.
5. Store the mixture in the fridge for an hour or longer until ready to use.
6. Heat a nonstick frying pan, lightly grease it for the first one or two pancakes and pour about 50ml into the pan, swirl to cover the base of the pan and fry until the pancake starts turning brown and bubbles. Flip.
7. Spread over a spoon of caramel, add sliced bananas and roll up the pancake. Heat in the microwave if you want it warm, and serve with a scoop of vanilla ice cream.