- 450g carrots, thinly sliced at an angle
- 2 tsp extra-virgin olive oil salt and pepper
- 1 cup fresh white breadcrumbs or panko
- 570g thinly sliced skinless, boneless chicken breasts
- 1 tbsp Dijon mustard
- ½ cup plus 1 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 140g baby rocket
- ½ cup fresh basil leaves, torn
- Preheat oven to 230°C. On a baking tray, toss carrots with oil and ⅛ teaspoon each salt and freshly ground black pepper. Roast for 8 to 10 minutes or until crisp but tender. Transfer carrots to a large bowl to cool.
- While carrots cook, place breadcrumbs on a large plate. In a medium bowl, toss chicken with mustard and ¼ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper until well coated. Coat chicken with breadcrumbs, pressing to adhere. Arrange chicken on a rack fitted into the same baking tray. Bake for 12 to 14 minutes or until juices run clear when pierced with tip of knife.
- Meanwhile, in a small pot, heat ½ cup vinegar and ⅛ teaspoon each salt and freshly ground black pepper to boiling on high; reduce heat to simmer for 8 to 12 minutes or until syrupy.
- To the same bowl as carrots, add the rocket, basil and remaining tablespoon of vinegar, tossing to mix. Serve salad with chicken and balsamic glaze.
EACH SERVING About 1 549kJ, 33g protein, 37g carbohydrate, 9g total fat (1g saturated), 4g ﬁ bre, 78mg cholesterol, 440mg sodium.
to our Free Good Housekeeping Newsletter