- 680g medium beetroots, scrubbed, trimmed and cut into 0,5cm-thick slices
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 1 cucumber, chopped
- 10 radishes, thinly sliced
- 6 cups rocket
- 3 tbsp red-wine vinegar
- 230g fresh mozzarella, torn
1. Preheat oven to 230°C. In a medium bowl, toss beetroots with 2 tbsp oil and 1/4 tsp salt; arrange in a single layer on 2 large rimmed baking trays. Roast for 20 to 25 minutes or until golden brown and crisp, switching racks halfway through. Let them cool.
2. In a large bowl, toss cooled beetroots with cucumber, radishes, rocket, vinegar, remaining 1 tbsp oil and 1/2 tsp each salt and pepper. Divide among serving plates; top with mozzarella.
EACH SERVING: About 550kJ, 5g protein, 6g carbohydrate, 10g fat (4g saturated), 2g fibre, 205mg sodium.