- 500g bag spinach
- 300g lean lamb mince
- 1/4 tsp to 1/2 tsp nutmeg, grated
- 1 1/2 tsp dried origanum
- 1 medium egg
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 50g feta cheese
- 4 filo-pastry sheets, each about 32cm x 38cm
- 1 tsp vegetable oil
- Simmer a little water in a large pan. Add spinach (bit by bit, if need be). Stir, then cook until wilted. Tip into a colander and set aside.
- Return pan to heat and fry lamb until golden. Drain fat and set aside.
- Preheat oven to 200°C.
- When spinach has cooled, squeeze out excess water and chop it roughly; put in a large bowl. Stir through lamb, nutmeg, origanum, egg and plenty of seasoning. Crumble feta in; gently stir.
- Brush one side of each filo sheet with a little oil, then arrange oil-side down in a round, 21cm springform cake tin. Make sure there are no gaps at the base or sides. (Leave excess filo hanging over the edges.)
- Put filling into pastry; level the surface. Cover filling with excess pastry, scrunching up filo.
- Bake pie in oven for 20 minutes, then unclip and remove metal rim. Bake for a further 10 minutes until sides are golden.
- Serve warm or at room temperature with a green salad.
Each serving About 960kJ, 11g fat (5g saturated), 17g carbohydrate (2g total sugars).
to our Free Good Housekeeping Newsletter