- 4 sweet potatoes
- 40g unsalted butter
- 1 cinnamon stick
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- 2 bananas, peeled and sliced
- juice of 2 oranges
- zest of 1 orange
- 3 tbsp desiccated coconut, toasted
- Peel and cut the sweet potatoes into cubes.
- Add the butter and cinnamon to a thick-bottomed pan, heat and add the sweet potato. Roast this for 2 minutes to colour the sweet potato. At this stage, control the temperature and make sure the butter doesn’t burn.
- Add the sugar, bananas and orange juice. Cook slowly with a lid on for 10 minutes until sweet potato starts to caramelise. Add the zest and coconut, and stir through. Cook for another minute and remove from heat!
to our Free Good Housekeeping Newsletter