- 500g skinless chicken breasts
- 2 tbsp mild curry paste
- small handful fresh coriander, roughly chopped
- salt and pepper
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1⁄2 cucumber
- 100g plain yoghurt
- 6 fresh mint leaves, roughly chopped
- red onion, finely sliced
- mango chutney
- 2 large nan breads, halved, or 4 individual nan breads
- Preheat oven to 200°C. Whizz the chicken, curry paste, half of the coriander and some seasoning in a food processor until finely chopped. Carefully scoop out the mixture and shape into four equal-sized patties.
- Heat the oil in a large nonstick frying pan over a medium-high heat and fry the burgers for 5 minutes, turning once, until golden on both sides. Transfer burgers to a baking tray and cook in the oven for 12 to 15 minutes, until cooked through.
- Meanwhile, make the raita. Finely slice half the cucumber into rounds and set aside. Coarsely grate the remaining cucumber, lift up over a sink and squeeze out as much liquid as you can. Put the grated cucumber into a bowl with the yoghurt, mint, remaining coriander and some seasoning, and stir to combine.
- Five minutes before the burgers are due to come out of the oven, put the nans in to warm through. Serve burgers on the nan breads, topped with the sliced cucumber, onion, mango chutney and a dollop of the raita.