- 250 g Macaroni
- 10 ml oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 4 slices ham, chopped
- 1 can Nestlé Ideal Low Fat Evaporated milk
- 125 ml water
- 30 ml cornflour
- 250 ml grated cheddar cheese
- salt and pepper
- 2 tomatoes, sliced
- Cook the pasta according to the instructions on the pack. Drain and set aside. Heat the oil in a saucepan, add the onion and cook for 2 minutes until soft and golden.
- Add ham and cook for a further 2 minutes. Combine Nestlé Ideal Low Fat Evaporated milk, water and cornflour in a bowl and add to the saucepan. Bring to the boil, stirring and once thickened, add half the cheese and stir until melted.
- Add the pasta and toss well, then season to taste. Spoon into individual serving dishes, top with remaining cheese and tomato slices.
- Place under a hot grill and cook until golden brown.
- Serve immediately with a seasonal salad.
to our Free Good Housekeeping Newsletter