- 200g fine green beans, ends trimmed
- 3tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 4 slices white sourdough bread, cut into large cubes
- 4 Little Gem lettuces, quartered lengthways
- 85g pack Parma ham
- 4 figs, quartered
- 1tsp Dijon mustard
- ½tbsp cider or white wine vinegar
- Bring a small pan of water to the boil and cook the beans for 4min or until tender. Drain and leave in a colander to steam dry until needed.
- Heat 1tbsp oil in a large frying pan and fry bread cubes, tossing frequently, until golden and crisp. Season with salt and set aside to cool.
- Arrange lettuce quarters cut-side-up on a large platter. Roughly rip the Parma ham slices in half lengthways and weave among the lettuce quarters. Dot over the figs, beans and toasted bread cubes.
- In a small jug, mix together the Dijon mustard, vinegar, remaining oil and some seasoning. Drizzle over the salad and serve.
to our Free Good Housekeeping Newsletter