- ½ head (about 175g) of broccoli
- 4 cooked chicken breasts (about 400g), shredded
- 1 medium avocado, sliced
- 125g mixed sprouts (sprouting beans and pulses)
- 410g black-eyed beans (soak dried beans overnight and cook until soft)
- 50g rocket leaves
- 3 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tsp whole-grain mustard
- 2 tsp white-wine vinegar
- 2 tbsp sunflower seeds
- With a sharp knife, shave the florets off the broccoli and put them in a large serving bowl. Next, thinly slice the remaining broccoli stalk and cut it into matchsticks. Add to the bowl.
- Toss through the shredded chicken, avocado, mixed sprouts, black-eyed beans and rocket.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the oil, mustard, vinegar, seasoning and a splash of water.
- Toss the dressing through the salad, sprinkle over the sunflower seeds and serve.
EACH SERVING About 1 890kJ, 23g fat (4g saturated), 19g carbohydrate (3g total sugars).
to our Free Good Housekeeping Newsletter