- 200g green (puy) lentils, picked over and rinsed
- 3 sprigs fresh origanum, plus ¼ tsp leaves, chopped
- 1 medium onion
- 3 large stalks celery
- 2 large peppers (red, orange or yellow)
- 2 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- salt and pepper
- 3 tbsp red-wine vinegar
- 1 tbsp fresh dill, chopped, plus more for garnish
- 170g baby spinach
- ½ cup feta cheese, crumbled
- In a small pot, combine lentils, origanum sprigs and 3 cups of water. Cover; heat to boiling. Reduce heat to maintain simmer; cook for 25 to 30 minutes or until tender.
- Meanwhile, chop onion, celery and peppers. In a large skillet, heat 1 tablespoon of oil on medium. Add onion and celery; cook for 7 to 8 minutes or until tender, stirring. Add peppers, 2 tablespoons of water and ¼ teaspoon each of salt and pepper. Cook for 5 minutes or until peppers are crisp-tender, stirring.
- Drain lentils (discard sprigs); transfer to a bowl. Stir in vinegar, dill, origanum leaves, onion mixture, ¼ teaspoon each of salt and pepper and remaining oil.
- Divide spinach among 4 serving plates; spoon lentil mixture over. Top with feta and garnish with dill.
Each Serving About 1 423kJ, 16g protein, 47g carbohydrate, 12g total fat (3g saturated), 13g fibre, 13mg cholesterol, 565mg sodium.
to our Free Good Housekeeping Newsletter