- 1,4kg apples (quartered and cored)
- 1 cup apple cider
- ¼ tsp cinnamon
- ¼ cup sugar
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- Pinch of salt
- In a Dutch oven on high, mix 1,4kg apples, quartered and cored; 1 cup apple cider; and ¼ tsp cinnamon.
- Heat to boiling.
- Reduce heat and simmer, partially covered, for 25 minutes or until softened, stirring frequently to break up apples.
- Stir in ¼ cup sugar, 2 tbsp lemon juice and a pinch of salt.
- Simmer for 5 minutes to thicken slightly.
- Press mixture through a food mill or, for chunky sauce, remove apple skins with a fork.
- Makes about 6 cups.
to our Free Good Housekeeping Newsletter