- 230g frozen French fries
- 1/2 tbsp vegetable oil
- 4 thin boneless sirloin steaks
- 1/2 tsp each salt and pepper
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 small shallot, finely chopped
- 2 tsp water
- 2 tsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp finely chopped fresh tarragon
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- Chopped tarragon
- Cook 230g frozen French fries according to instructions on label.
- In a 30cm frying pan, heat 1/2 tbsp vegetable oil on medium-high.
- Season 4 thin boneless sirloin steaks with 1/2 tsp each salt and pepper. Cook for 2 to 3 minutes per side for medium-rare or until cooked as desired.
- Combine 1/4 cup mayonnaise; 1/2 small shallot, finely chopped; 2 tsp water; 2 tsp lemon juice; 1 tsp finely chopped fresh tarragon; and 1/4 tsp pepper.
- Serve fries with steak and mayo. Garnish with chopped tarragon. Serves 4.
EACH SERVING: About 2 280kJ, 35g protein, 14g carbohydrate, 38g fat (11g saturated), 2g fibre, 640mg sodium.
Q: ‘I FIND RAW SHALLOTS AND ONIONS A BIT STRONG. ANY WAY TO TAME THEM?’
To reduce their pungency, soak chopped or sliced shallots or onions in water for 15 minutes, then rinse and pat dry.