- 1 onion, roughly chopped
- 2 celery sticks, roughly chopped
- 2 carrots, trimmed and roughly chopped
- 1 potato, peeled and roughly chopped
- 1 tbsp olive oil, plus extra to drizzle
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 x 400g cans chopped tomatoes
- 1 tbsp tomato purée
- 1,2l vegetable or fish stock
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 50g spaghetti strands, broken into short pieces
- 300g skinned smoked fish, cut into pieces (we used haddock)
- 125g savoy cabbage, shredded
1. Put onion, celery, carrots and potato into a food processor and blitz into small pieces (or chop finely by hand). Heat oil in a large pot over a medium heat, add vegetables and garlic, and cook until softened (about 5 minutes).
2. Add tomatoes, purée, stock and some seasoning, and bring to the boil. Turn down the heat and simmer for 10 minutes before adding spaghetti. Cook for 10 minutes more, adding the fish and cabbage for the final 5 minutes. Check seasoning and serve drizzled with extra oil.
EACH SERVING About 960kJ, 4g fat (0,6g saturated), 30g carbohydrate (13g total sugars), 20g protein, 5g fibre